Metal Laser Cutting Services
Laserfab specializes in precision high-speed custom metal laser cutting services for a wide variety of applications and industries. With advanced equipment, streamlined processes and experienced staff, we have everything needed to deliver exceptional quality parts as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
The Laserfab Laser Cutting Process
Laser cutting is a material modification process where an intense beam of high-density light energy, guided by mirrors, cuts into metal, vaporizing the material upon impact. At Laserfab, our powerful cutting centers, experienced staff and advanced processes result in quality products every time, maximizing the benefits of this advanced process.
Cutting-Edge Equipment: Laserfab accomplishes our laser cutting process using cutting-edge fiber laser technology that facilitates increased cutting speeds and superior material capabilities. Combined with Laserfab’s expertise and experience, this high-tech equipment can produce perfect parts for all of your special needs. Our cutting technology includes the following laser machines:
- TRUMPF 5030 fiber laser machine
- TRUMPF 3030 fiber laser machine
- TRUMPF 4030 fiber laser machine
- Salvagnini L3 fiber laser machine
Advanced Software: Our lasers run on state-of-the-art software such as AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS, Lantek Expert and FlowMaster to ensure accuracy and efficiency. Achieving the highest levels of precision and dependability eliminates factors that could cost valuable time in the production process.
Seasoned Professionals: At Laserfab, precision metal fabrication is our business focus, and we take it very seriously. All of our employees have worked in the steel, aluminum, stainless steel sheet metal and fabrication industry for many years. Our experience and commitment show in the quality of the products and service we provide to our customers.
What Are The Advantages of Laser Cutting?
Some of the advantages laser cutting provides include:
- Minimal Imperfections: Laser cutting processes produce smooth cutting areas, minimal burrs or other imperfections. The process also results in minimal heat distortion and material warping. By eliminating such imperfections, operators reduce the need for secondary operation on the part.
- High-Precision Cutting: Laser cutting typically holds a tolerance of +/- .005, making it a highly precise cutting method. This high cut precision reduces the need for secondary operation on the part, as well as part scrapping.
- Quick Turnaround: With reduced tooling requirements and minimal secondary operation, laser cutting allows for much quick turnaround times on most jobs.
- Broad Material Capabilities: Custom laser cutting can produce nearly any two-dimensional shape, increasing the possibilities of production. The types of metals that can be cut using commercial laser cutting services further expand these capabilities — steel, aluminum and stainless steel laser cutting services are the most common, but non-ferrous metals like copper, brass and bronze are also compatible.
What Materials Can Be Cut With Laser?
Fabrication services can use laser cutting for thick and thin metal sheets, provided they fall within the following dimensional requirements:
- Mild Steel Laser Cutting– 1 Inch Thick
- Stainless Steel Laser Cutting – 1 Inch Thick
- Aluminum Laser Cutting – 1 Inch Thick
- Copper Laser Cutting – 3/16 Inch Thick
- Brass Laser Cutting – 3/16 Inch Thick
- Sheet Metal Laser Cutting – 82 Inches by 160 Inches
What Industries Do We Serve?
Laser cutting is an excellent resource for a variety of applications within several industries. A few examples include laser cutting metal services for:
- Chemical mixing
- Wireless communications
- Industrial rack manufacturing
- Industrial baking
Areas We Serve:
Let Laserfab become a true partner in your supply chain, with comprehensive collaboration and advanced technology that will bring your business the best results possible. We’ll help you choose the best fabrication methods to produce your parts.
Learn how Laserfab’s advanced laser cutting machines can cut a variety of metals with high precision, quality and value. Contact us today to learn more!